Hospitality is probably one of the noblest professions in the world but the efforts and labor force required to manage a hotel is quite magnanimous. BIHR is a Bahrain based hospitality institute that offers certification programs for its students.
Being a renowned institution of Bahrain, BIHR is associated with Swiss Hotel and Tourism Management Institute, HTMi Switzerland, American Hotel and Lodging Education Institute (AHLEI, USA) and Australian Retailers Association (ARA, Australia) thus maintaining a curriculum and facilities pertaining to international standards. On identifying the potential of Indian candidates in field of Hospitality and Tourism, the management of BIHR planned to open admission for students from the renowned institutions of India.
Getting students to BIHR wasn’t an easy task for them. They had to battle the mediocre Indian mentality of studying hospitality in western countries like the USA, Japan, UK, Australia etc. rather than any of the institutions from Gulf countries. We offered them with an easy solution-cum-strategy of spreading awareness among the targeted audiences to get the desired outcome.
Our strategy included extensive use of Print and Digital PR combined. With the motive of creating awareness about BIHR in India, we prepared a plan that involved news features, interviews, campus activities, testimonials, industry stories, etc.
We approached various publications and journalists for the same and after a few pitfalls, we successfully got media coverage for the institute in different targeted regions of the nation, solely based on merit, by highlighting different story angles and interesting industry trends.
- Firstpost Opinions in Industry Trend Story
- Forbes Opinions in Industry Trend Story
- Times of India – Education Times Story on student Experience at BIHR
- Food & Hospitality World magazine (Indian Express Group) “Interview (With Mr. Nigel Viegas)”
- The Times Study Abroad magazine [The Times of India group] – “Authored Article by Mr. Nigel Viegas
- The Statesman newspaper – “Interview (With Mr. Nigel Viegas)”
- College Dunia portal -“Interview (With Mr. Nigel Viegas)”
- Hospitality Biz magazine – “Interview (with Mr. Nigel Viegas)”
- Education World magazine – “Interview (With Mr. Nigel Viegas)”
- com portal -“Authored Article by Mr. Nigel Viegas