Content Editor - Mumbai, India
Position at sunSTRATEGIC
- Edit, revise and modify the existing content for improvement/changes as per client's specifications and company's guidelines.
- Ensure that each document is grammatically correct, logical, well-structured, and coherent
- Prepare, rewrite and edit content to improve readability while adhering to in-house style guidelines.
- Check the texts references, journal abbreviations, and style reference list
- Develop concepts and content based on understanding of the client’s brand & business objectives and come up with compelling, web friendly social & viral content ideas for websites and other digital properties.
- Gather data and analyze the client’s current mode of communication, user engagement, latest industry specific trends.
- Participate in strategic brainstorming sessions, campaign development, creative brief development & directing creative execution.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal
- Confer with management and editorial staff members regarding placement and emphasis of developing news stories
- Editing and publishing new content in a creative way
- Overseeing layout (images, graphics, videos and artwork)
- He/she should be able to carry out work under tight deadlines.
- Research ideas and facts pertinent to the type of content/topic assigned
- Develop ideas derived from online/offline research and organize the same on different platforms for, social media, blog, etc.
- Develop engaging content for articles, blogs, stories and social media to entice and engage audience
- Proofread content for errors or additions and ensure that content is written per instructions.
- Rewrite, paraphrase or write content from scratch depending on specific instructions provided depending on the document/brochure/article.
- A knack for editing and proofreading with good research skills.
- Basic know how in content & copy, Good at researching on client’s business (if required)
- People Skills, Team player, Excellent spoken & written English, Creative, Ideator
- Candidate should have excellent written and communication skills, good vocabulary and grammar
- Ideate, conceptualize and write various online advertising campaigns
- Candidate must have language proficiency proof of certification
- Minimum 1 to 5 years of experience in proofreading/editing/copywriting preferable from advertising/digital agencies
- Excellent command in professional writing
- Email Etiquette
- MS Office Knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Personal Interview
- Written Test